Film Permits

Film Mono Graphic

Mono County offers an abundance of natural landscapes for filming which include scenic roads, ranchland, lakes and rivers, alpine meadows, high desert landscapes, forests, and mountains. The county is also home to many photogenic villages and towns, a courthouse built in the late 1800’s, old churches and schoolhouses, Bodie State Historic Park - the nation’s largest unrestored ghost town – and Mono Lake’s other-wordly tufa formations.

Depending on the exact location, specific land management jurisdictions control their respective permits. The Mono County Film Commission works closely with all land management agencies in Mono County, including the Inyo and Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forests, Bureau of Land Management, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, State Parks, and Caltrans, Town of Mammoth Lakes and more. For assistance with specific locations and the relevant jurisdictions, please contact:  

Liz Grans 
Economic Development Manager & Film Commissioner
(760) 924-1738

For film permits on county-owned or county-maintained roads, parks, property, and/or buildings, you will find all the necessary paperwork on this site. If you have any questions or concerns about the application, please contact:

Jay Sloane
(760) 932-5405
P.O. Box 696
Bridgeport, CA 93517

To pay the fees associated with the film permit, please use the link below:

Pay Fee