Business License Application
The information below outlines the process for obtaining a Business License. A Mono County Business License is required for any entity that is conducting business within the County.
Please note the following when completing the application:
- Pay particular attention to the 'Address Data' section. This is for the physical address and parcel numbers for the location which you are doing business. If you are not the owner of the property and do not know the parcel number, please list the owner’s. You can also look this information up on our ParcelViewer if you do not know it.
- The mailing address is needed in the top portion of the application.
- Please be aware that the Doing Business As portion will appear on your license as your company title.
- The Worker's Compensation Declaration must be filled out in order to process the application.
- You must also complete the Home Occupation section, whether you operate your business out of your home or not.
- If your business is a lodging facility, you are required per Mono County ordinance 3.28 to get a Transient Occupancy Tax Clearance Certificate to relieve you of any back transient occupancy taxes. For more information visit our TOT page.
- If your business is a lodging facility, please make note of it on your application.
- Renewal notices are mailed and are required to be returned to this office by August 5 of each year. Non-receipt of a renewal notice does not exempt you from the resulting late fee or cancellation of your business license.
- The processing fee is $100.00 per new Application and the annual renewal fee is $25.00.
- A separate business licenses is required for each business and subsequent locations.
- The business license fee covers July 1st through June 30th of each fiscal year.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at (760) 932-5480 or send an email to email@example.com.