Business License Application
Thank you for your interest in doing business in Mono County!
The information below outlines the process for obtaining a Business License. A Mono County Business License is required for any entity that is conducting business within the County.
Please note the following when completing the application:
- Pay particular attention to the 'Address Data' section. This is for the physical address and parcel numbers for the location which you are doing business. If you are not the owner of the property and do not know the parcel number, please list the owner’s. You can also look this information up on our ParcelViewer if you do not know it.
- The mailing address is needed in the top portion of the application.
- Please be aware that the Doing Business As portion will appear on your license as your company title.
- The Worker's Compensation Declaration must be filled out in order to process the application.
- You must also complete the Home Occupation section, whether you operate your business out of your home or not.
- If your business is a lodging facility, you are required per Mono County ordinance 3.28 to get a Transient Occupancy Tax Clearance Certificate to relieve you of any back transient occupancy taxes. For more information visit our TOT page.
- If your business is a lodging facility, please make note of it on your application.
- Renewal notices are mailed and are required to be returned to this office by August 31 of each year. It is your responsibility to be aware of when the renewal notices are sent, as non-receipt of renewal notice and renewal fee does not exempt you from the resulting cancellation of your business license.
- The processing fee is now $100.00 for one or more business transactions in one location.
As of May 10, 2011 - passed by Resolution #R11-30, Ordinance #99-92
- If have several businesses, and different locations, you will need a separate business license for each location.
- A yearly renewal fee of $25.00 will be charged for each business.
- The business license fee covers July 1st through June 30th of each fiscal year.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at (760) 932-5480 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.