Social Services

Mono County wants to keep everyone safe and healthy. We're still here to serve you! Our staff are still working and conducting business Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. via phone, email, and other electronic means.

To apply for Benefits, Schedule or Reschedule an Appointment, Report Changes, Submit a Document, Contact a County Worker, Request Reasonable Accommodations or to File a Discrimination Complaint:

Applications are available at our Mammoth Lakes Office at 1290 Tavern Road in our lobby area on the first floor.  A nearby dropbox outside will be checked throughout the day.  Appointments are now being scheduled by phone. Please call us! We're here to help.  


Adult Protective Services

Each California County has an Adult Protective Services (APS) agency to help elder adults (65 years and older) and dependent adults (18-64 who are disabled), when these adults are unable to meet their own needs, or are victims of abuse, neglect or exploitation.  County APS agencies investigate reports of abuse of elders and dependent adults who live in private homes, apartments, hotels or hospital.

(APS) responds to reports from individuals, concerned citizens, social service and health providers, and law enforcement representatives about developmentally disabled adults, physically and mentally disabled adults, and the elderly who may be physically or financially abused, neglected, or exploited.

Please call our 24 hour Hotline to report suspected child or adult abuse at 1-800-340-5411.

Elder Abuse Reporting Form (Click Here)  


If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, or if you are a child who is being maltreated, contact your local child protective services office or law enforcement agency so professionals can assess the situation.

Please call our 24 hour Hotline to report suspected child or adult abuse at 1-800-340-5411. Fax Number 760-924-1721. 
Your report is confidential and can be anonymous.

Mono County Child Welfare Services (CWS) is committed to excellence in the delivery of culturally competent, family-centered and child-focused protective services.



APRIL IS NATIONAL CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION MONTH -  Be a connection for Mono County children and families and join in some fun activities planned for the month ~ Click here to view the Child Abuse Prevention Month Activity Calendar
California Parent and Youth Helpline

Foster Care

Child Welfare protects children from abuse and neglect. We work with families to ensure the safety of their children and to assist them in reaching their full potential. When children cannot be cared for by their families due to safety issues, we place them with families that can provide a temporary to lifelong commitments to them. We work in collaboration with the community toward healthy independence for families and their children.”

Resource Family Approval Program (RFA)

RFA is a new family-friendly and child-centered caregiver approval process that combines elements of the current foster parent licensing, relative approval, and approvals for adoption and guardianship processes and replaces those processes


If You See It, Report It!
It’s Up To You To Report Fraud, Waste or Abuse…

Mono County takes reports of fraud seriously and investigates all reports thoroughly.

What is the Affordable Care Act (ACA)? The ACA is intended to increase access to health care for more Americans, and includes many changes that impact the commercial health insurance market, Medicare and Medicaid.