Projects & Notices
- Bryant Field and Lee Vining Airport - Tie-down and apron areas resurfacing was completed in Summer of 2017
- Emergency Repairs due to Spring run-off - paid for by Disaster Funds
- Crowley Lake Drive - Pavement patch and shoulder rebuild west of Tom's Place
- Lower Rock Creek Road - Eroded sections and ditches repaired
- June Lake Highlands Roads (Mtn. Vista Dr., Highlands Dr., Highlands Place, and Alpenglow) - Crack seal, slurry and paint striping was completed in Summer of 2017
- Northshore Drive - Crack seal, slurry and paint striping was completed in Summer of 2017
- Pavement Management System - Paved county roads field evaluated and rated on condition throughout the county. Data being used to prioritize and recommend best use of future road project funding.
- Upper Summers Meadow Road, Green Creek Bridge Reconstruction - completed in April 2018.
- Systemic Safety Analysis Report (SSARP) – A comprehensive safety analysis of the entire paved County road system was completed this summer.
- Rimrock Ranch-Zone C, Rimrock Ranch-T37-49A – Complete Crack Seal and Slurry Projects. This work was bid with the County-Wide Fog Seal and Stripe Project (Phase 1) completed this summer.
- Also part of County-Wide Fog Seal Phase 1, are 33 miles of streets county wide using SB1 funding - This included roads in Bridgeport, Lee Vining, Chalfant, White Mtn. Estates, and Paradise. In addition, Crowley Lake Drive and Owens Gorge Road were fog sealed along with portions of Swall Meadows, and portions of Lower Rock Creek Road, .
2018-2019 Fiscal Year Projected Projects - based on preliminary funding estimates
- Airport Road Rehabilitation - Rehab approx. 1.3 miles of Airport Road and 0.3 miles of Hot Creek Hatchery Road from Hwy. 395 to Mammoth Yosemite Airport. Addition of bike lanes and signage replacement
- Benton Crossing Road Slurry Seal - Phase 1 is between Hwy. 395 and Landfill
- County Wide Fog Seal and Striping Phase 2 - Rock Creek Road, Convict Lake Road
- Eastside Lane Rehabilitation Project - Phase 1 portion from Larson Lane intersection northward to 3000' past Cunningham Lane. Addition of bike lanes and signage
- Hackney Drive/Shop Road full-depth rehabilitation in Walker
- Mono City Streets Slurry Seal and patching of pot holes.
- South Landing Road overlay in Crowley Lake
2019-2020 Fiscal Year Projected Projects - based on preliminary funding estimates
- Eastside Lane Rehabilitation Project - Phase 2, includes portions not covered in Phase 1
- Highway Safety Improvement Program Project (HSIP) - guardrail, striping, and signage upgrades
- Twin Lakes Road Slurry Seal and striping
- Virginia Lakes Road Slurry Seal and striping
- Benton Crossing Road Slurry Seal - Phase 2, from Landfill westward to Hwy. 120 East intersection.
See links below for more information concerning Mono County Highways and County Road improvement projects. The Mono County Bid Management System lists all projects currently out to bid.