Cannabis Resources and Health Education

cannabis picture

Under California law, it is legal for adults 21 or older to possess, consume and cultivate cannabis.  You can also use cannabis if you are 18 or older and have a current qualifying physician’s recommendation or a valid county-issued Medical Marijuana Identification Card (MMIC).  Please call the Mono County Health Department for more information about the MMIC at 760.924.1830.

Mono County has adopted cannabis regulations and is accepting applications for use permits and operation permits to conduct commercial cannabis activity .  Please click here to learn more about local cannabis regulations and the application process. 

For answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about adult-use cannabis, please click here.

Fact sheets with additional health and safety information can be found below.

What is Legal for Adult Use?

Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women and Cannabis

Youth and Cannabis

What Parents and Mentors Need to Know about Cannabis

Responsible Use of Cannabis

Frequently Asked Questions

Helpful Resources


For Spanish information on Cannabis please go here.

¿Cuál es el Uso Legal de la Marihuana entre Adultos?

Consumo Seguro y Responsable de Marihuana

Preguntas Frecuentes