Mono County
Subscribe to RSS - Public Works - Roads

Public Works - Roads


Closure of Lower Rock Creek Road

Edit: The road is now opened.

Public Works has closed Lower Rock Creek Road due to large rock/boulder falls.  The large rocks and boulders create a hazardous driving condition from Swall Meadows Road northbound to Highway 395.  The boulders are so large that our loaders cannot move them.  We are in process of determining ways to fracture the rocks so that they can be moved.  However, this work will not take place until conditions improve.

Sandbag Locations for Flood Prone Areas

Self Service sandbag filling stations are availalbe at the following Mono County locations:

Benton Road Shop

Lee Vining Road Shop

Bridgeport Road Shop

Walker Road Shop

Chalfant Fire

Long Valley Fire (Crowley Lake)

Toms Place 

June Lake Community Center

Stock Drive Construction Notice

Stock Drive Realignment Project (updated 10/18/16)
Airport Improvement Project - AIP No. 3-06-0030-10-2016

The Stock Drive realignment project in Bridgeport has been completed. Project work consisted of the relocation of approximately 0.12 miles of pavement south of Bryant Field, on the eastern segment of Stock Drive just past the airport entrance through to Highway 182 (see maps below). Also part of the project was culvert reconstruction.

Road Forms and Applications

Grading Permits - earthmoving, dust reduction and erosion control guidelines

Encroachment Permits - proposed improvements within County right-of-ways

Road Design & Utility Trench Specs - guidelines for road/driveway construction

Road Vacation - road abandonment legal procedures

Request for Street Address

APPLICATION REQUESTING A STREET ADDRESS FOR A SPECIFIC HOME OR BUILDING - As of December 2015, Please contact the Information Technology Department for a form and processing of a street address.

When complete, you may mail or drop-off the form at the either of the Permit Counters located at the Mammoth or Bridgeport Administrative Offices of the county.

Road Vacations


Grading Permit Application

For a Grading Permit Application, see supporting documents below. When complete, you may mail or drop-off the forms and deposit at the either of the Permit Counters located at the Mammoth or Bridgeport Administrative Offices of the county. Incomplete/inaccurate forms and submittals may result in a delay in processing. Please make your check(s) payable to "Mono County".

Judy Curti, Fiscal Technical Specialist IV

Terry Underwood, Fiscal Technical Specialist IV