Mono County
Subscribe to RSS - Environmental Health

Environmental Health


Cottage Food Operations- New State Law Effective January 1, 2013

Approved Cottage Foods

Cottage food operations are allowed to produce certain non-potentially hazardous foods. These are foods that do not support the rapid growth of bacteria that would make people sick when held outside of refrigeration temperatures. The list of approved cottage food categories and their ethnic variations, which cottage food operations are allowed to produce, are listed below. The list will be maintained and updated by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) on its Internet website as necessary.

Public Information Meeting - Benton Crossing Landfill Permit



This public notice was prepared pursuant to Title 27 California Code of Regulations §21660.3(b) for revised solid waste facilities permit applications.

(1) Name and location of the facility: BENTON CROSSING LANDFILL, 899 Pit Road, Crowley Lake, CA

(2) Solid waste facilities permit/facility number : 26-AA-0004

(3) Purpose: To provide interested parties the opportunity to become informed about the changes being proposed and the actions being taken by the enforcement agency in processing the permit.

Environmental Health - Bridgeport Office

Environmental Health - Mammoth Lakes Offices

Electronic Reporting and Hazardous Materials Business Plan Requirements


Per California Health & Safety Code 25503.5, all businesses that manage hazardous materials and/or hazardous wastes in quantities of 55 gallons (liquids), 200 cubic feet (compressed gases) and/or 500 pounds (solids) shall submit a Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP) to the local enforcement agency within 60 days of starting business or within 30 days of a significant change in operations.

The local enforcement agency in Mono County is the Mono County CUPA.

Environmental Health Event Forms

Please be advised that if your event will include food vendors, then you are required to submit a completed “Event Food Facility Organizer Permit Application” 14 days prior to event with a check made payable to Mono County Health Department for $81.00. Additional penalty fees will apply 13 days or later.