Mono County

Welcome to Business

  • Business License Application

    Dear Business License Applicant:
    Enclosed please find the business license application you requested. When completing this application be sure to press firmly, as there are four copies to go through. Also pay particular attention to the ADDRESS DATA. The physical address and parcel numbers are needed in the top portion. If you are not the owner of the property and do not know the parcel number, please list the owner’s
    name. The mailing address is needed in the lower portion of the application. Please be aware that the “Doing Business As” portion will appear on your license

  • Fictitious Business Name Statement (FBN)

    aka "Doing Business As" required by the bank when opening a business account.  Please note: This is NOT a Business License.

    Please contact the Tax Collector's Office concerning Business Licenses, filing requirements, fees, and filing

  • Film Permits

    Mono County offers an abundance of natural landscapes for filming which include scenic roads, ranchland, lakes and rivers, alpine meadows, high desert landscapes, forests, and mountains. The county is also home to many photogenic villages and towns, a courthouse built in the late 1800’s, old churches and schoolhouses, Bodie State Historic Park - the nation’s largest unrestored ghost town – and Mono Lake’s other-wordly tufa formations.

  • Environmental Health Event Forms

    Please be advised that if your event will include food vendors, then you are required to submit a completed “Event Food Facility Organizer Permit Application” 14 days prior to event with a check made payable to Mono County Health Department for $81.00. Additional penalty fees will apply 13 days or later.

  • Transient Occupancy Tax

    Transient Occupancy Tax is collected by Mono County from all transients who stay within Mono Counties Unincorporated lodging facilities, R.V. parks, and campgrounds.  The current rate of tax is 12%.